The Merkley Family

Friday, January 28, 2011

Centerville PD

Well, as of 1/28/2011 it is officially official. I will be working for the Centerville Utah Police Department. This has been a long time coming (which is why I posted pics....for all you non-believers) and can't believe it is here. I got sworn in on Friday morning at 9:45 am. and now look forward to the intense 12 weeks of "on the job training"....affectionately known as FTO or "Field Training". Unfortunately, my parents were out of the state in Hawaii and were not able to make it to my swearing in but, none-the-less, I thank them for their support and love. My grandparents were able to come and that really meant a lot to me to be there and offer their support. I also had my sargeant from POST come and witness the fruits of his labours. He was excited for me.

I am excited and anxious to start this new "adventure". I hope to be as good of a police officer as others I know and plan to work hard to accomplish this. Thanks to all that have worried and prayed on our behalf...we thank you for those prayers.

Enjoy the pics!


This is me signing my "swearing in".

My wife came.....she wouldn't believe it without seeing it with her own eyes!

Me and my P.O.S.T. Sargeant, Dave Attridge.


Me and the kids.....they didn't really understand.

Me and Cheif Neal Worsley.








5 comments:

Perry's said...

Congrats Luke. I am glad you were finally able to get a job. you will be a great cop. I guess I better not speed anymore huh?

Rachel Chick said...

just so excited for you, luke! you're going to do wonderful. i know it. congratulations, again!

Amber said...

How wonderful!!! Congratulations! You are going to do a wonderful job. Love you guys!

Jenae said...

Congrats! I was just about to tell Dave about your new job, but obviously he knows!

Sarah and Trent said...

Yay hooray Luke!! That's so fantastic, congrats.
Megs, your friend from Park City Jenae is in our new ward! Trent and I both recognized her from USU too. (I need to find out her last name...) She said her father-in-law works with Luke too?